The power of the promotional product can sometimes be underestimated. However, many marketing teams will attest to the wide reach and long-lasting impact that promotional products can have. Utilizing them as a part of your marketing strategy can be key in connecting with current clients and reaching out to future clients. To back up our argument, here are some insane facts you probably didn’t know about promotional products.
- 80% of consumers own between one and ten promotional products. That is a huge portion of the population that is open to accepting your branded items!
- Out of this 80%, 53% use a promotional product at least once per week. That’s a pretty high chance of active engagement with your promotional products.
- 60% of these people, will keep a promotional product for up to two years!
- Only 1 in 5 people will throw away a promotional product.
- Promotional products can increase your client base by as much as 30%
- In the US, bags generate more promotional impressions than any other promotional product. A promotional bag has six thousand impressions per bag!
- Top products are wearables, followed by pens/pencils, bags, calendars and drinkware!
- Branded drinkware can be more effective than an expensive radio or television advert. A study showed that 57% of people were able to recall an advertiser whose logo was branded on a mug. Only 32% were able to recognise the advertiser from their radio spot and only 28% were able to recognise the advertiser from the television advert. The logo on the mug created a visual impression, and vision is our strongest sense!
- The first known promotional product was a commemorative button used in 1789 to elect George Washington president.
- 48% of consumers would like to receive more promotional products more often
- 91% of consumers have at least 1 promotional product in their kitchen, 74% have at least 1 in their workspace and 55% have at least one in their bedroom!
- The top buyers of promotional products are for clients in education, finance, non-profit, healthcare and construction!
- Women are more likely to have bags, writing instruments and calendars. Men are more likely to keep caps and shirts.
- Adding a promotional product to the media mix increases the effectiveness of other media by up to 44%!
- Promotional products draw as many as 500% more referrals from satisfied customers than an appeal letter alone!
The proof is in the Promotional Product pudding! Promotional products have an incredible impact on your marketing efforts!